How to take care of your curly extensions?
Nothing beats curly hair extensions when it comes to transforming your tresses. Curly hair extensions never fail to please women who wish to show off their natural texture while also displaying curly hair fringe without straightening or relaxing their hair!
Nevertheless, just as curly hair requires TLC to preserve their lovely curls, so does your curly hair extensions.
Today, we will discuss how to take care of your curly hair extensions, so you look fabulous with your curly hair fringe at all times, plus styling your curly hair with fringes.
1. Always Use Moisturizing Hair Care Products
There isn’t much difference between the products you use for your naturally curly hair and curly hair extensions. That’s because both are real hair!
Using hair care products with moisturizing ingredients is one of the most crucial aspects of caring for curly hair extensions. Moisturizing hair care products help combat frizz and dryness and restore shine, softness, and moisture.
When picking a shampoo and conditioner, avoid products that contain alcohol or sulfates, as these compounds are quite drying for both curly extensions and curly hair fringe.
2. Co-Wash Your Curly Hair Extensions
With co-washing, your curly hair extensions are washed with only a conditioner and no shampoo. It’s a terrific way to restore moisture and softness to curly hair extensions without washing the hair with abrasive cleansers or lathering ingredients commonly included in shampoos.
Ensure to use a moisture-based conditioner that is silicone-free. Simply dampen the extensions, apply a generous amount of conditioner from roots to ends, and thoroughly wash the strands. You can keep the conditioner for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it if your hair extensions are extremely dry.
3. Use Your Fingers To Detangle
Curly hair extensions need tender love and care to keep their curl pattern and structure. If your curly hair extensions are tangled, try finger combing from the ends and move upwards to get that perfect beautiful curly hair fringe.
4. Leave-In Conditioners And Serums For Curly Extensions
Leave-in conditioners and hair serums can help keep your hair moisturized, shiny, and nourished. Using a small amount of leave-in conditioner on your extensions will help keep the hair hydrated and extend its longevity.
For type 2 and 3 curls, use argan, coconut, and jojoba oil. Use a small amount, as using too much may cause the hair to weigh down and accumulate product.
5. Protect Your Curly Extensions At Night
When working with semi-permanent curly hair extensions, ensure to cover the strands at night to prevent knots and tangles.
To preserve your defined curls, wrap them in a silk scarf at night and tuck your curly hair fringe in.
6. Practise Proper Storage Of Your Curly Extensions
You must store your curly extensions carefully to keep them in good condition. Keep in a cool, dry place.
Points To Remember About Short, Medium, & Curly Extensions
Pointers to remember with curly extensions
- Keep your short hair with fringe moisturized. This will ensure your curls are always defined, frizz-free, and in good condition.
- After you’ve washed your hair, apply curl enhancing creams and leave-in conditioners. This will assist the curls to stay in place, and you can wear multiple long hair and fringe styles.
- Comb your curly hair extensions when they are 70-80% dry. Combing on both wet and dry hair will only damage the extensions.
- Consult with a stylist before processing your curly hair extensions in any way!
- Fine-tooth combs will only ruin your curly hair extensions. Your fingers and wide-tooth combs are the best for textured extensions.
- Avoid rubbing the strands together when you are washing short, medium, or long curly extensions.
Styling Your Curls With Fringes
Well, you know how to take care of your curly hair extensions like a pro and a few important pointers about them; let’s look at styling your curls with fringes.
These tips will allow you to style your curly hair fringe in any way you want!
Curly Short Hair With Fringe
Gorgeous curls with fringe
Many A-listers have rocked curly short hair with fringe and looked great doing it. There are multiple ways to style your short hair with fringe once you know the basics.
- When it may appear to be a smart idea to apply a cream to your second-day fringe, you must apply style products while your hair is still damp- not wet, not dry. It adds hydration, hold, and definition to your curls, making it easier for you to create any curly hair fringe style.
- A small barrel curler will be your new best buddy on days when your short curls refuse to cooperate, and a few pieces of your curly hair fringe slip out of place.
- If you have curly hair, don’t put off trimming your bangs until they start compromising your vision. Get your curly hair fringe-trimmed regularly!
Curly Medium Hair With Fringe
Medium curls with fringe
Styling curly medium hair with fringe is not that different from styling short hair with fringe. Nonetheless, here is a few additional tips.
- Heat-style your curly hair extensions (on a low setting) and place a wavy clip-in fringe (if you do not have the desired fringe length) to switch up your style. This styling tip is a fantastic way to look polished for a meeting for a formal event, and wavy hair with fringe has been a go-to for many women.
- Styling your medium curly hair extensions with a slightly straightened fringe is a fantastic way to add oomph to your day-to-day look!
Curly Long Hair With Fringe
Long curls with side-swept fringe
Nothing beats the combination of curly long hair and fringe styles for versatility. Incorporate these styling tips that will help style your curly extensions with fringe.
- Before you decide to shorten your fringe, remember that curls are prone to shrinkage. If you notice your fringe getting longer, let it be. The shrinkage will make it appear even shorter if you cut your fringe.
- This specific styling hack is ideal for busy mornings; with curly hair extensions, you can get away with washing just your fringe. The extensions will conceal your 3rd-day hair, but not your fringe. Spend ⅓ of your washing time to install curly extensions and ⅓ to wash your curly hair fringe.
That’s all there is to it! Follow these steps to maintain your curly hair extensions to keep them fresh and maintain their texture, and styling tips for different hair lengths with fringe!
If you’re searching for stunning hair extensions or fringe extensions, Diva Dive Hair has a premium collection just for you. Shop online or in-store to get your hands on the best products before they sell out!
An Easy Curly Extension Guide.
How to maintain curly hair fringe and extensions?
The best tips to maintain curly extensions with styling guides.
Ways to maintain extensions and rock fringe styles.
How to maintain and style fringe and extensions?